These include the well known, modular Multi-Link-Panel, an innovative roofllight with a unique fix and link connection system that makes installation really quick and easy. The preassembled panels, manufactured to size in the Twinfix factory, are delivered to site on a ‘just in time’ basis ready for speedy fitting. The aluminium frames can be powder coated to any colour and may be fitted with various types and shades of glazing. These include multiwall polycarbonate as well as a clear, see-through polycarbonate that looks like glass but has all the great benefits of polycarbonate. This system is non-fragile, making it ideal for over-head glazing.
Multi-Link-Panel: fitted with solid polycarbonate glazing
- Looks like glass, but has all the strength and durability of polycarbonate
- Incredibly tough glazing – virtually unbreakable
- Floods platforms/concourses with natural light
Multi-Link-Panel: fitted with multiwall polycarbonate glazing
- Incredibly light in weight: easy to move on to a roof & helps in extending the life of existing structures
- Available in various tints
- Spans 4000mm @610mm centres: eliminate overlaps
Light weight, easy to handle roof glazing. Let the light shine through!
- Fast installation – The innovative fixing & linking installation method of these modular panels makes the very most of possession time
- Factory preassembled – Means no costly and time-consuming mistakes on site
- Safe in use – All Multi-Link-Panels NF are non fragile, in accordance with HSE recommendations
- Long lasting – Low maintenance, durable glazing and non-rusting, aluminium frames that won’t need a repaint
- Heritage – Various tints and surface finishes available to suit Heritage sites
- ‘Green’ products – Both the aluminium and the polycarbonate glazing may be recycled at the end of their long life span
Non-Fragile (NF) Roofglazing
The safety of people on roofs, whether they are working there legitimately, or whether they have gained access onto a roof for their own means, is of paramount importance and is ignored at your peril. CDM regulations state that it is the responsibility of the designer/specifier of new or replacement roofing to design out any future possible dangers. Specifying Non-Fragile rooflights helps to do just that.
The HSE recommend a drop test (ACR[M]001:2011 Test for Fragility of Roofing Assemblies) to establish whether a roofing assembly can be classified as Non-Fragile. The Twinfix Multi-Link-Panels NF (Non-Fragile) pass this test with a ‘B’ designation.
The Multi-Link-Panel NF also conforms to London Underground’s own stringent drop test for overhead glazing.
The steel Twinfix test rig was designed and built in accordance with the ACR[M] specification. It is a permanent structure at the Twinfix facility, enabling regular product testing.
All Multi-Link-Panels NF have been tested on this rig and videos of these tests may be viewed here.