As part of the Railway Upgrade Plan, Platform 1 at Stamford Station in Lincolnshire was recently refurbished. Careful consideration resulted in the use of Twinfix Multi-Link-Panels Non-Fragile to replace the old curved corrugated roofing of the canopy and the end result is more in keeping with the original age and design of this elegant Grade II listed building. Passengers and staff are now all benefiting from the high levels of natural light that floods the platform.
- 110 sq.m. of Multi-Link-Panel Non-Fragile rooflights fitted with 6mm clear solid polycarbonate glazing, and including 12 No. in-line Twinfix Access Hatches, all installed at 600 mm centres, and employing 50 mm wide glazing bars to the panel system.
- Pressed aluminium flashing and gutters.
- All aluminium powder coated to RAL 9910 matt.
- Multi-Link-Panel rooflights are light in weight; factory pre-assembled to minimise installation time and site errors; are quick to fit, minimising station downtime; and are non-fragile to ACR[M]001:2014.
- The solid polycarbonate glazing is transparent like glass, but is only half the weight of glass and is virtually unbreakable.
- Inconspicuous in-line Access Hatches within the Multi-Link-Panels enable roof/gutter maintenance to be undertaken safely from below the glazing.
Network Rail LNE, York
Colt Construction Ltd
Orchard Roofing & Building Ltd