Design & Specification
Twinfix’s work in the specification market is long standing. Over the years our products have been specified across numerous sectors including rail, retail, education, health and many more.
How to specify us:
- Click on the product you are interested in specifying us for. This folder will contain our NBS, standard details for this product as well as BIM model if we have one.
- For rail specification see the Station Details folder. This contains details of typical rail detail and also our in-line access hatch.
- For further information, technical advice or help with any other details please call our office on 01925 811311 and ask to speak to one of our technical advisors.
Why specify us?
As the first company in the UK to develop glazing bars for installing polycarbonate we know the right system for the right application when installing either solid or multiwall polycarbonate. We have in-depth knowledge of these building materials and relevant legislation and can provide specifiers with the correct answers on materials and systems for their projects.
One of the major reasons that people specify our products is due to our knowledge and experience in non-fragile roofing.
Falls from height are one of the major causes of injury and fatalities in the construction industry and the CDM regulations require that all possible risks should be designed out. Non-Fragile Rooflights have been tested to ACR(M)001:2014 meaning that if someone accidently falls on the roof they should not fall through.
However, there can be a misunderstanding on non-fragility. The misconception is that polycarbonate is strong so it will not break (which is basically true) but if multiwall or solid polycarbonate is not fixed into a glazing bar system it will simply pop out of the bars when put under pressure and in these circumstances the roof glazing will always be classified as fragile. The test for non-fragility is the ACR[M]001:2014. This is a drop test on the total assembly that will be installed as a rooflight, not just on the polycarbonate glazing. Our roof system (Multi-Link-Panel NF) passes this test and full test certificates are available on request.
As one of the few UK canopy companies who are members of NARM (National Association of Rooflight Manufacturers) we have a great deal of experience on this topic. See our Non-Fragile page for more information.
All of our specification documents are available for downloading on this page. Please also see our technical drawings for standard details.
Outlined below are some key points to consider when specifying a Twinfix canopy or walkway.
What do you get from us?
- Full in-house CAD design service so you know that your canopy will be designed to suit the needs of your project.
- A one-stop solution; all design, manufacture and installation is handled by us so you only need to deal with one company.
- For the aluminium structure you can select from a wide range of colours to complement your building.
- Pick from various tints and types of polycarbonate roof glazing to provide the right level of shading to suit your area.
More about our structures
- You can pick from a wide range of shapes, from simple lean-to canopies to complicated bespoke designs. We will be happy to advise you on the various options suitable for your area.
- All our metalwork is polyester powder coated aluminium, which is rust-resistant, won’t require future repainting and requires minimal maintenance.
- We fit incredibly tough polycarbonate roof glazing which is available in various tints to offer different levels of shading depending on how much sun the area gets. Polycarbonate prevents the transmission of UV in daylight, so is the ideal material for the roof of a school cover.
- The Multi-Link roof panels that we fit to all our pitched roof designs are pre-assembled in our warehouse meaning the installation time at any school/building is very quick as these panels have a patented fixing system that results in quick fitting. This quick to install system has a particular benefit in the rail sector where fast installation at night is very important. Watch our Installation sequence here
- In order to ensure that site installation goes as smoothly, and as quickly, as possible we carry out a dry-run assembly of each structure in our factory before it is powder coated.
- Our Multi–Link glazing systems are designed with safety in mind and pass the most up to date roofing tests.
- As a company we hold CHAS and Constructionline accreditations. In order to achieve these, we have to prove on an annual basis that we work to high Health and Safety standards, both within our own premises and when out on site, installing canopies and walkways.
- All our installation staff are fully DBS checked for your peace of mind.
- We have an in-house design team who ensure all our structures are designed with safety in mind.
- Twinfix Safe Rooflight Non-Fragile Multi-Link Panels conform to the HSE recommended test method ACR[M]001:2014 (as outlined in document HSG33) and achieve a ‘B’ Classification.
- We can provide structural calculations (Wind load Calculations - BS6399-2. Analysis - BS8118)
- Twinfix canopy structures have recently been re-accredited to EN 1090-1, this means that our canopy structures are CE marked.
- Both the polycarbonate and the aluminium used in any Twinfix canopy structure can be recycled.
Help & Advice
If you have a project in mind or would like help or advice on any of our products or services, please either ring us on 01925 811311, email us at email@example.com or get in touch via the enquiry form on our Contact Us page.