Georgian Wired Polycarbonate
Georgian Wired Polycarbonate (Twinfix GW Polycarbonate®) is a solid polycarbonate sheet from Twinfix that mimics the appearance of Georgian wired glass.
Usually 6mm thick and with a dimpled surface, our Georgian wired polycarbonate is safe to install, virtually unbreakable and has all the benefits of polycarbonate, but looks just like Georgian wired glass making it the perfect alternative and ideal for refurbishment projects. Georgian wired polycarbonate is especially good for listed buildings and heritage sites in particular, where a sympathetic refurbishment is required but modern day standards of health and safety are needed.
- Impact Resistance: Due to the virtually unbreakable characteristics of polycarbonate there will be no danger of our Georgian wired effect polycarbonate breaking, unlike glass. It's impact resistance means that during transit, installation or in situ there is no risk of it cracking, leaking, or breaking and causing glass fragments or debris to fall onto people below. Georgian wired polycarbonate also makes a significant contribution to compliance with working at height regulations when fitted within our Multi-Link-Panel NF system.
- Weight: 6mm Georgian wired polycarbonate sheet weighs just 7.2kg/m², substantially less than the glass alternative - 7.5mm laminated glass weighs 15kg/m². It can therefore offer a safer long-term solution for the building due to reducing the strain imposed on the existing structural steelwork.
- Durability/Sustainability: Georgian wired polycarbonate is virtually unbreakable and therefore no costly replacement of glazing is required in future, contributing to a lower whole life cost of the roof. It will withstand natural forces like severe wind, hail, and snow storms as well as building movements caused by such weather, or forces created by external factors such as trains moving underneath.
- Access Panels: Access panels can be easily fitted into our Georgian wired effect polycarbonate Multi-Link system, unlike in a glass roof, where not only would this be difficult but removing a panel of glass to gain maintenance access would proof challenging and dangerous to those trying to do it.
- Environment: Georgian wired polycarbonate is light in weight, therefore beneficial to the environment due to less energy being used it its manufacture, transportation and installation. In addition it can be recycled at the end of its long life span.
- Temperature resistance and fire performance: Georgian wired polycarbonate retains its properties at both high and low temperatures, +100°C to -40°C. This helps to eliminate the maintenance costs involved in replacing broken glazing. Georgian wired polycarbonate achieves a Class 1y classification when tested to BS 476: Part 7
Our product can suit a wide range of applications from railway glazing, station shelters, depots, swimming pools, food factories and many more.
We offer cut to size sheet and it is also available glazed into our Non-Fragile Multi-Link-Panel system which achieves a Class B when tested to ACR[M]001:2014.
Help & Advice
If you have a project in mind or would like help or advice on any of our products or services, please either ring us on 01925 811311, email us at email@example.com or get in touch via the enquiry form on our Contact Us page.