As the year draws to a close we are taking a look back at previous rail projects. Lewes Station completed with BAM Nuttall Ltd in 2016 was a fantastic project to work on and we want to share these new photos with you.
Twinfix supplied Non Fragile Multi-Link Roof-Panels glazed with Georgian wired polycarbonate. The Multi-Link-Panel is an innovative polycarbonate glazing product that, due to its ‘fix and link’ method of installation, is incredibly quick to fit, making it an excellent choice for installation in stations where possession times are an issue. An important safety feature is that the Non Fragile Multi-Link-Panels conform to the HSE recommended test method ACR[M]001:2014.
These rooflights consist of pre-assembled modular glazing panels, manufactured to size for each individual project. Each panel comprises of aluminium structural bars that are glazed with lightweight, yet tough, solid polycarbonate. As panels are pre-assembled in a controlled factory environment possible errors caused by on-site cutting can be avoided and ensures the high quality of the product.
Some key points on the product used at Lewes Station:
- Polycarbonate is virtually unbreakable and will eliminate the maintenance costs involved in replacing broken glass. Polycarbonate is UV coated on both sides.
- Twinfix Non Fragile Multi-Link-Panels conform to the HSE recommended test method ACR[M]001:2014 (as outlined in document HSG33) and achieve a ‘B’ Classification.
- Our Multi-Link-Panels are pre-assembled in our factory, ensuring strict quality guidelines are adhered to which cannot always be guaranteed when roofing products are assembled on site.
- In Line Access Hatch, to allow cleaning of gutters and roof – manufactured as part of our Multi-Link-Panel these hatches are hardly visible and allow safe access through the glazing without needing to get on the roof.
- Our Georgian wired polycarbonate has been used at many listed stations throughout the UK. It looks the same as Georgian wired glass, but it won’t break.
- The Multi-Link-Panel is light in weight and due to its modular format it is very quick to install – very good for short rail possession works.
Here is a link to our case study from January 2017.