These seminars will be of particular use for those who specify overhead glazing, including roof lights, corridors and glazed canopies or walkways, in factories, railway stations and depots, schools, warehouses, factories or hospitals.
Delivered as a PowerPoint presentation, these seminars are classed as intermediate level and are therefore appropriate for all. Novices and experienced participants alike will benefit, gaining understanding and comprehension of the subject material.
They will enable specifiers to make more informed decisions about the products used in overhead glazing situations, including canopies, walkways and covered areas, by having a better understanding of the different products available in the marketplace.
- The benefits of multiwall and solid polycarbonate sheet used in roof glazing compared with traditional glazing. The needs of Document L2 in relation to roof glazing are fully covered.
- Quick to fit modular roof glazing panel systems.
- Of particular interest is rooflight fragility and the requirements of CDM Regulations. This includes the HSE’s recommended drop test ACR[M]001:2014 for testing of roofing assemblies, and covers the performance of various glazing products.
- Current fire regulations and the reaction of polycarbonate in a fire. Both British and European fire standards are included.
- Sustainability of products and their environmental impact is also discussed.
The seminars are roughly 45 minutes, plus questions and answers and include hands on demonstrations of products and encourages audience participation.
They are timed to fit easily in to a ‘lunch time’ or early evening slot.
Our expert team can deliver our CPD’s on-site at your premises or remotely using video conferencing.
Help & Advice
If you have a project in mind or would like help or advice on any of our products or services, please either ring us on 01925 811311, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or get in touch via the enquiry form on our Contact Us page.