Canopies & Walkways
Many thousands of Twinfix canopies have been installed over the years to create glazed covered areas at schools, universities, pubs, outside offices, hospitals and sports centres. A canopy makes an attractive focal point at any building entrance, and provides shelter over stairways and ramps for the disabled. Glazed walkways are used to connect buildings and provide all-weather protection from the elements. Nowadays the provision of motorcycle and bike shelters is becoming the norm at many educational sites and outside commercial buildings. Canopies also make fantastic patio covers or carports when added to any home and elegant smoking shelters outside commercial buildings.
When situated adjacent to classrooms, canopies make great outdoor learning and play areas for children of all ages, enabling quick and easy access to sand and water play for nursery-aged children, creating quiet areas, and providing weather protection for waiting students/parents. When used to protect tables/benches they provide great covered outside eating areas. Older pupils find canopies useful as association areas. If you fit your canopy with lockable roller shutters you can also use the area for night time storage. Canopies also create additional space in which to place lockers – enabling children to change their footwear before entering the school.
You can choose from a range of different styles, depending upon your site conditions. However, should you want something a little out of the ordinary our design team will be pleased to work with you to create a bespoke cover for your area.
Innovation and Design
- Lean-to, cantilever and free-standing options available
- Choice of mono-pitch, duo-pitch or curved polycarbonate roofing shapes
- In-house design and manufacture using sophisticated CAD software
- Frames available powder coated to a wide choice of matt RAL & BS colours
- Choice of polycarbonate roofing tints to balance shade with light transmission
- Custom designed to meet your needs and cover your area
- Choose from PVCu or aluminium rain water goods
- Vertical infill glazing panels, doors, roller shutters and padded post protectors also available
The majority of our structures are manufactured with powder coated aluminium frames that have a long and trouble-free life. However, should you prefer, you can choose a steel or wooden frame.
- Powder coated aluminium construction (usually)
- Aluminium is corrosion free: no rusting, no repainting
- Tough multiwall or solid polycarbonate roof glazing
- Polycarbonate is easy to clean with soapy water
- Polycarbonate has a UV resistant surface for long life
- Polycarbonate is incredibly tough, will not crack or craze in use
- Laminated glass option also available on pitched roof designs
- Dry-run canopy assembly prior to painting ensures quick and easy site installation
- 10 year warranty on materials and on all canopy installations carried out by Twinfix teams
- Both the aluminium and the polycarbonate can be recycled at the end of their long life span
Polycarbonate is the ideal choice for any education-based canopy or walkway as it gives protection against UV to those playing or working underneath.
Health & Safety
For all pitched-roof canopies we use our Multi-Link-Panels NF for the roof glazing as these panels have been tested as non-fragile to the HSE’s recommended drop test for roofing assemblies ACR[M]001:2014.
- Twinfix pitched Multi-Link roofing panels classified as Non-Fragile (safe) to help resist falling impact and wind
- Multi-Link (NF) panels achieve a Class B result to the HSE roofing fragility test ACR[M]001:2014
- Polycarbonate is opaque to UV, the ideal glazing to protect from sun, rain & UV exposure
- Twinfix is a CHAS accredited contractor
- With many years installation experience we offer installation either during holiday periods or in school term time, with little disruption to school or office life
Confidence in our products
We offer a one-stop-shop for our glazed shelters and can help you with the whole process from Planning advice through design, to manufacture and final installation. If you have any queries along the way, we’ll be glad to help.
- Choose the full package from design to installation; or the alternative supply-only option
- Free site survey and fast response to all your enquiries
- Full technical assistance at every stage
- All of our sales, surveyor and installer teams hold Basic Disclosure Certificates
- Twinfix is registered on Constructionline, Building Confidence and Builders Profile
How to order your Twinfix glazed shelter, canopy or walkway
Give us a ring on 01925 811311 or get in touch via our contact page. Our external and internal technical advice teams are here to help with your initial enquiry, ensuring you get the right solution for your needs and your budget.
From here on, the list below will give you an idea of the whole process.
- Our surveyor will arrange to visit your site, discuss your needs and take detailed measurements and photographs so that we can quote for your requirements.
- Once you are ready to order we will send you the technical specification for your chosen design and ask that you sign this off as being correct. Manufacture will commence upon receipt of your signed documentation. Our friendly project planners will liaise with you regularly throughout the project.
- If you are looking for something that little bit different to the norm our design team will help to make your bespoke ideas into a reality. We can also offer a 3D visualisation service, a great way to see how your new canopy will look.
- We will then fabricate and manufacture your structure in our factory. This includes a dry run assembly prior to powder coating to ensure that all parts fit together easily once they arrive on site.
- We will then install your structure. This will be undertaken by our own teams of highly experienced and trained installers, who all hold DBS certificates.
- Health and Safety is of paramount importance to us and we follow strict guidelines when installing at your site. Our H&S Manager will be pleased to work with your own in-house team.
- On completion of your project we will contact you to check that all your needs were met; we welcome your feedback. We will also supply you with your Aftercare Service Pack that includes any guarantees and maintenance instructions.
Help & Advice
If you have a project in mind or would like help or advice on any of our products or services, please either ring us on 01925 811311, email us at email@example.com or get in touch via the enquiry form on our Contact Us page.