Over the years Twinfix has designed, manufactured and installed hundreds of school canopies, playground shelters and covered walkways for education establishments, from nursery, primary and secondary schools to colleges and universities. Each structure is designed to complement and enhance its surroundings, whilst providing the establishment with the type of canopy, playground shelter or walkway to suit its specific requirements. We provide a full in-house service, from design to installation.
Canopies are often used as part of a modular building project to create additional play and learning space. They allow outside areas to be transformed into useful places and become a real asset that can be fully utilised.
We provide many different styles and shapes of canopy in either free-standing or lean-to options. Free-standing canopies are often key when used with modular buildings where the structure for the building may not be suitable to support the weight of a lean-to canopy.
Our walkway canopies offer a means of joining a modular building to an existing building on site, or to link a set of modular buildings.
Due to hot or wet weather conditions some outdoor areas become unusable. A canopy can turn these problematic areas into fully productive parts of the establishment.
Some common uses for canopies and walkways are outlined below:
- Canopies installed adjacent to a classroom create an easily accessible area for sand and water play, while a walkway can give protected transit for staff and pupils between buildings at any school site.
- Parents of nursery children often appreciate a buggy shelter in which to leave their push chair or pram.
- A large area covered by a canopy makes a great outdoor classroom and doubles as a meeting place for older students during general association time.
- Economically priced outside eating areas can be created in a matter of weeks by installing a large-framed canopy that also incorporates side glazing.
- Canopies can help to make any school or nursery more attractive to parents. Playground canopies or shelters offer a broader and safer play and social environment for children.
We know how important safety is when constructing modular buildings and our canopies are manufactured and installed to the highest possible standards. All of our canopies are CE marked, the roof is non-fragile and tested to ACR[M]001:2014, which is an important roof safety test. Our experienced team of installers are all DBS checked.
As modular buildings can often be quick to install we understand the demand for a fast turnaround. Our process from order to installation is quick and efficient which is the perfect match for your modular building project.
Help & Advice
If you have a project in mind or would like help or advice on any of our products or services, please either ring us on 01925 811311, email us at email@example.com or get in touch via the enquiry form on our Contact Us page.